Monday, April 9, 2007

An I-POD vibrator, what the F!

So I have always been concerned with the human race becoming more and more "connected" or as it should be more accurately described, disconnected. By this I refer to many things, including: Issolation from our natural environments, issolation from other members of society, addictions to television/computers/or other personal electronics. Things that have worried me recently are cell phones and how they have evolved ideas of what is acceptable; ie, conversation on a blackberry while doing your banking, or talking on phones while driving, or interupting person to person communication to answer a phone call. I could go on forever how rude I think poeple really are as to what they think is acceptable behavior for using a cell phone. The latest electronic device that has troubled me--not only as a very entrenched fan of music, but also as a human being who greatly values inter-personal communication--is the use of mp3 players and thier most popular seller--the I-POD. My reasons for disliking this device in particular range from a broad spectrum of complaints: From the death of the listening to a record from start to finish, to favortism of singles over artists, to consumer money going to Apple's I-Tunes and even further from the artists pockets, to things as simple as loss of quality from vinyl format all the way to the MP3. I might sound like a purist--or even a pretentious bastart--but I must remind you I don't have an MP3 player, cell phone, or any other techno-device that I have mentioned above. So I guess I'll get to the point. Today I saw an add for a device from a company called OH-MY-BOD! that has put a new twist on the use of the I-POD. This company's product is a splitter that attaches to an I-POD and on one end attaches the headphones for the user to listen to his or her favorite band, and on the other attaches a vibrator that is calibrated to vibrate to the beat or pulse of the music being listened to. And while I am attracted to the notion that poeple can finally "get off" on the bands that they love. My problem with this device is that--one, I can't get off on a standard vibrator--and secondly, I don't really want the gals that are using this "all new" adapter for the I-POD to be pleasing themselves to the kind of mass consumed, over produced, lacking in substance--crap (insert genre here)! I know this isn't much of an argument; but shit as much as I want liberated women to masturbate as much as men have during thier maturations, I don't think crappy musical artists deserve thier first and following orgasms. So as humans become less connected with thier fellow humans and more connected with this all so everpresent techno-crap, all I have to say is--hey OH-MY-BOD! make me a fucking male vibrator, or sleave, or love doll, or whatever (and make it cheap)--so I can finally get off on every Led Zeppelin record and finally feel every John Bonham triplet ever played. Bring it bitches!

No comments: